Saturday, February 7, 2009

Blog attempt

I am going to attempt a blog. I find myself visiting other people's blogs for information, inspiration, motivation, a good laugh and sometimes to catch up with an old friend. I visit monthly, weekly and sometimes daily, the blogs on Runners World encourage me to get out and run, or provide a new approach or exercise, Total Mom.com provides funny stories, great recipes and inspiration (she is a mother of 7 kids). I also know some women that blog as a way to communicate and share with distant friends and family.

The charter for my blog. . . may be a combination of all of those things. (And I reserve the right to change this charter at anytime.) I am not saying I am an inspirational runner or mom by any means! But I may be able to share a funny story or two that may make you laugh or one that says to you on one of those difficult days - if she can do it I can too!

I have found blogs to be therapeutic for those that write them and those that read them. I know I enjoy reading other friend's blogs - I find it as a way to get to know my friends more and it is a way of keeping up on their lives - since we do not see each other as often as we would like due to the distance between us.

I find myself without the close friendships I had in Colorado and this makes me sad and extremely grouchy (ask my husband and kids). This is my way to talk and share - - I hope maybe someone will listen, laugh and share too.

No comments:

Post a Comment